Translate

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Spun Sugar Stripes with Mentality Resilience

Just a quickie.  Trying to catch up and have lots of other things to do today.  This is for #31DC2014 stripes prompt.


I have been wanting to try a spun sugar top coat over matte for awhile.  This was the perfect time.

Mentality Resilience with flash
Mentality Resilience in artificial light

I started with two coats of Mentality Resilience, a gorgeous deep teal matte.  LOVE this!


Then I added some stripes using KBShimmer Clearly On Top and the spun sugar technique.  Look how the top coat makes Resilience shimmer! 

  
Don't know what the spun sugar technique is?  YouTube it.  It is really easy, but I clearly don't have the patience for it.  My index was the first one I did and it has thicker lines and lots of blogs.  Then I walked away from my desk for a few moments (washed my glasses and brushed my teeth :) and tried again.  Better, but I could have waited even longer.

Have you tried this technique before?  Is it new to you?  Do you LOVE Mentality polishes like I do?  Tell me what you think!  Thanks for looking and commenting!

2 comments:

  1. It totally does look like liquid sugar. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look cool! Yes, I have about six Mentality polishes. Spun sugar is on my list to try. It looks like I will need a lot of patience to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete