Translate

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fantasy Gradient? Not So Much

My life is a whirlwind right now.  I lost my job yesterday.  I am looking at it as a blessing in disguise.  Although I will have more time on my hands, don't think that it will all be spent on my hands.  I will continue to work challenges, but I may not be posting as often.  All the details of unemployment and job search, trying to figure out what I want to do, it takes time, work and is emotionally taxing.  That is why I will still be doing my nails, it is my stress relief.

But you don't want to hear about my troubles, do you?  No, let's see the nails, because they are crazy.  A two-fer again.  #31DC2014 gradient and Llama Nails fantasy.  This was actually inspired by a book this time, Blackbringer, a wonderful and unique fantasy.  I also was inspired by THIS image.  And my interpretation is crazy.  Did I say that already?


Told you they are crazy!  These are my Bria's tiny tips.  I told her I was going to do her nails, so she prepped them.  By prepping them, I mean cut off all their pretty length, so I lost some of my canvas, which made these a bit more difficult.


I started with a gradient of OPI My Vampire Is Buff, Pahlish Bonnie and Zoya Gemma.  I was trying to get an arched gradient to try and get the sense of looking out of a forest into a glade.  The pinkie is the only one that really succeeded in achieving the look.


Then I used too many plates to show here to create my vignette.  I will list them though!
  • MJ XIX - Grass
  • MJ XVII - Brown folliage around edges
  • QA10 - Green folliage around edges
  • Vivid Lacquer VL 013 - Moon
  • Konad M5 - Dragonfly on pinkie
  • Bundle Monster - Bunny head (you can't see it from this angle, but the fairy is looking at it)
  • Messy Mansion MM38 - Owl
  • Vivid Lacquer VL 019 - Fox
  • Winstonia W208 - Mushroom and fairy
Did you count how many plates that was?  More than eight and less than ten!  Told you they were crazy!


And here is her left hand with it's floating fox, low flying owl and a bunny you can actually see!


These lovelies took me a little over two hours from start to finish.  Bria was so patient...more patient than her mother!  By the end I was like, "I don't care if the fox is floating!  I'm not redoing it!"  Bria loves them and thinks that they were well worth all the work.  Do you think she is right?  Let me know which is your favorite nail!  

Thanks for looking and commenting!






4 comments:

  1. I like them though. Its so detailed with all those images you stamped on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gosh I am so so sorry you lost your job =((( good luck in your searches and I truly hope you get something even better very soon!!!
    FANTASTIC job on your nails!! awesome interpretation of the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gosia, for the kind words and the compliments!

      Delete