Translate

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Not in Love with Yellow

Yellow is the only color I do not like on my tips.  Today the prompt for Adventures in Stamping is "over yellow".  Almost skipped it, but that's what challenges are for, stepping out of your comfort zone.


Yellow tends to make my skin look brown.  On top of that, I got a new cuticle pusher.  It works well...too well.  It is plastic with a sharp edge and my cuticles paid for it.  Please forgive their tortured look!


Not only is this not my favorite color, it is also not my favorite execution.  Should have used white over the whole nail instead of doing a stamp gradient.  Almost didn't post this, but I figure I went to the trouble and I know everyone has a bad nail day.  Might as well show you the bad as well as the good.


I started with a gradient of Cult Nails New Day, NOPI Ladies in the Limelight and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening over a white base.  I actually like this.


Then I used MoYou Pro 06 and did a stamp gradient with Konad Special White and SH Lightening.  Don't know what a stamping gradient is?  Check THIS post.  Like I said, should have just used white.


You can see the yellow over the gradient a bit better with the flash.  By using the yellow I covered up the purdy (as purdy as yellow can be) gradient.


Despite its downfalls, I still think it was a valiant attempt.  Thanks for looking and commenting!


1 comment:

  1. I like the white and yellow combination. Its fresh and bright.

    ReplyDelete