Translate

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Girly Bits Stormy Skies and QA49 Review - Nail Art

If you follow my blog, you know that I am not a girly girl.  I tend towards darker colors, in my clothing and especially my nail polish.  Once in awhile, though, I get in the mood for a really feminine manicure, and that is what I have for you today.  


There is just something about lace at my tips that is empowering.  In this case, I think it is because it reminds me of lingerie (tee hee).  Or a cute camisole with pearl buttons.

With Flash
Artificial Light

I started with two coats of Girly Bits Stormy Skies over a white base.  This polish is a little sheer, which is why I used a white base, although I am sure you could get good coverage in three coats.  I kind of wish that I had tried it on its own, but I recently used a baby blue that needed several coats and found that the color deepened too much for my liking.  I really wanted the beautiful blue shade to pop, so white base it is.

Stormy Skies applies like the silver lining of a dark cloud, smooth and glorious.  it is filled with entsy wentsy, itty bitty holo particles that flash from the overcast blue.  This is my kind of feminine color!  You may be able to tell from the older style bottle that this has been in my stash for awhile, but it is still available at the Girly Bits store HERE.  There are several international distributors also, just check the distributor tab at the top of the site to find your favorite.





Next I stamped with plate QA49, sent to me from Born Pretty Store to review.  Just like the last plate I received from them, this one is well etched and stamps clearly.  I also used the half pearls from Born Pretty Store that I reviewed earlier.  Have to say, I kinda love those teenie "pearls".  As always, you can use my code (over there to the right, MNQX31) to receive and extra 10% off any purchase from Born Pretty Store

"Soft" Rectangle - Hard Rectangle



How did I get the image so straight?  I owe it all to my rectangle stamper.  Makes lining up soooo much easier.  I start at the tip and "roll" towards the cuticle.  I purchased mine from Messy Mansion HERE.  There are several online places you can get these.  They are perfect for those with longer nails too.  They are longer than the large stampers are wide and make lining up double stamping...if not a breeze, at least easier.  They are my go to when I have to have a linear stamp very straight, like in this mani, where it would be very noticeable if it was crooked.


You may notice that the stamping on my middle finger is a bit messy.  That is because I stamped with the loops facing left instead of right.  Guess I didn't get all of the old stamp off before restamping.  You KNOW that having one lace facing the wrong way would have thrown my whole life off, right?


Just one more word about this stamping image.  I LOVE it!  It has so much possibility.  Wedding nails come immediately to mind.  I used pearls, to fill in the little dots in the middle, but you could use rhinestones, or studs, or dots of polish...maybe some textured polish!  Also, you could fill in those little loops with color.  If you are REALLY talented, you could double stamp back to back and have a full flower.  Or separate a double stamp slightly with a different color between the stamps.  You get the idea!  So much potential, so little time!  This stamp will definitely be visited again!

As always, thanks for looking and commenting!

Tina


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty color! I like that lacy stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! The detailing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete