Translate

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mary Engelbreit inspired Nail Art

It has been forever since I participated in the Golden Olden Thursday, which is really too bad since I love giving some love to my older polish.


This was inspired by a popular artist from the 90's, Mary Engelbreit.  She combined black, pastels and white in a 90's country kitchen type of way.  Her most famous image was "Life is a chair full of bowlies" (instead of bowl full of cherries).  Here is what I am talking about:



Although I liked the idea....and some of the execution....I really to work on my roses.  They are pretty sad!


I started with three coats of Revlon Provence, then used striping tape to create stripes with A England Guinevere.


Next I dotted on some black as the base for my (messy) roses.


I used Sinful Colors Soul Mate and Julep Hayden for the flowers.  Finally Zoya Gemma and Orly Coachella Dweller for the leaves.


Despite the sloppy roses, I really love it.  Just need more practice with those roses!  Thanks for looking!





1 comment: