Translate

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Orly Pretty Ugly and Lillies of the Valley

Been a bit quiet around here this week.  Dealing with some health issues.  I back though.  Thank goodness for long weekends!  Hopefully I will be catching up on some of my challenges soon.  In the meantime, I have Finger Foods Buffet's prompt "nature".


Not crazy about these.  Nice idea, but not wild about the execution.  Trying to use two different colors on the stamping plate made for difficult stamping.

With Flash
Artificial Light

I started with three coats of Orly Pretty Ugly.  Such a gorgeous polish, but the formula isn't all that good.  Didn't like to self level, so even after three coats there was still some balding.  Can't see it in IRL but shows in the DMP.


Next I stamped with Vivid Lacquer VL 019.  I used Konad Special Green for the stems, then dotted white on the flowers.  Problem was that to get it scraped in such a way that the colors didn't blend, the scraper kept pulling polish out of the stems.  Don't know if that makes sense, but that is what happened.


I tried filling in the stems with a green that was close, but obviously my detail brush was not detailed enough.


I went back over with a dotting tool and more white polish.  Again, not my best.


I added some grass with my crummy detail brush, trying to get it to look a bit better.  Nope.


This was one of those that looked a whole lot better IRL.  All the little inconsistencies didn't show.  Oh well.  It is done and posted.  Thanks for looking!







4 comments:

  1. These are cute! Totally reminds me of the valley or a garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I really do think these look great! I'm not even sure what bits are supposed to be the inconsistencies--I just think they look nicely textured, and the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how it turned out! "Pretty Ugly" is such a pretty polish, wish formula was a little better.
    Hope you are feeling better ASAP :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I posted my Lily of the Valley Vivid Lacquer nails today too! I know what you mean about the two colors. I wanted my stems green and my flowers white. While I'm not thrilled with my design execution either, I tried it another way. I stamped the whole image white, then dotted a green jelly over the stems. Anyway - I LOVE yours! The blue sky background adds more dimension than mine. I agree that macro pictures can be TOO revealing and the designs can be more enjoyable IRL. :)

    ReplyDelete