Translate

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Had to Have Urban Decay Blackheart

Yup, once again I am playing catch up.  This is for the Never Ending Pile prompt, "Had to have it, still haven't worn it".

With Flash
Artificial Light

This is two coats of Urban Decay Blackheart.  There is a reason I haven't worn this.  Remember when, in the "most expensive" post, I talked about being disappointed in an expensive polish?  This is that polish.

With Flash

I saw swatches of this on one of the many blogs I read...can't remember which one.  I love brown polish almost as much as green polish, so I thought it looked gorgeous!  I try to keep my polish purchases economical, so $15 is a bit above my typical price range.  However, my sister gave me an Ulta gift card for Christmas so I knew I was going to get this and Zodiac.  I LOVE Zodiac!  Blackheart....not so much.  Why?  Well the pic with flash makes it look pretty.  Unfortunately, in almost all lighting, it looks more like the bottom pic.  Yes, a nice slightly shimmery brown polish, but not unique.  I was glad it was someone else's money I spent on this. 
 
Let's stop talking about the disappointing polish and get on too the fun stamping.


 















The stamping decal was made with MoYou UK 67, Maybelline Bold Gold and NOPI Yoga then Yogurt.
  


All the other tips are Bold Gold and BM-323.


A bit boring....

 
How I wish it looked all the time....On top of the color disappointment, the wear was not all that good either.  You can see the tip wear on my ring.  This was ONE days wear.  Booo!  

So, what have we learned today?  Sometimes you DON'T get what you paid for.  Check out the other, hopefully less disappointing, have to have polish.





6 comments:

  1. Its not the most exciting color but I like what you did with the stamping to help jazz it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stamping! Your decal looks like one of those expensive nail stickers.

    I generally don't buy the higher priced trendy name brands either. They rarely live up to the hype. Gimme a bottle of decent $5 polish that performs as expected! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either, but am willing to splurge with other peoples money (tee hee)!

      Delete
  3. That's the worst - when you're lemming after something and it doesn't hold up to whatever you had imagined in your head. It's salt in the wound when it was pricey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! That is why I usually look at as many swatches as I can, especially from those that do "man on the street" swatching, not the ones who make EVERY polish look glorious!

      Delete