Translate

Saturday, February 22, 2014

AIS and NAGGDay21 - Snow Day

This mani is so apropos since we had a blizzard yesterday and I was unable to get out of my alley.  Hubby spent most of the day shoveling the alley so that I could get out for work today.  You would think with a day at home, I would be caught up on the Nail-Art-A-Go-Go challenge, but I spent most of the day in bed, still recovering from this virus that has hit me.  Enough about all that, let's see the nails!


This is for both the NAGG and AIS Sunday Stamping.  These are Bria's lovely nails.  She is doing a really good job taking care of her nails recently!  Look how long her nails are!  She is helping me do some base coat comparison testing.  Once again, thanks Bria for being my nail model!


This started with 2 coats of Scofflaw Flotsam & Jetsam.  If you want to see this beauty on its' own, check my favorite 2013 teals HERE.




I stamped with Sugar Bubble SB Special 002 and ILNP Birefringence (H).   I absolutely am smitten with this plate.  It takes patterns that seem to be on every holiday plate and makes them better.  Different sizes and shapes of snowflakes with little "bubbles" thrown in.  No need to use different plates, this hits all the right notes.

Now let's talk about Birefringence as a stamping polish.  It shows as a dark grey, but with flashes of that gorgeous blue holo.  It was practically impossible to catch it in the pics, but you can see it a little wherever the light reflects off the nail in these pics.





This was but best that I could capture it.  It made this very....surprising?  You see the grey and then, BOOM, a stunning blue jumps out at you!  Love it!  I will be back soon with another post, and then I will be all caught up (except for the days I skipped :(  Thanks for looking!





4 comments:

  1. Its a pretty snowy mani! Funny enough, I got snow where I live which is so strange since its been so long since its snowed. It was pouring down but the snow didn't stick at all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snow mani and very snow-weather-like in colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Especially since my hubby is stuck in a snowstorm right now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful choices! Looks frosty. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete