Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Let's Clean Out Some Files

I am writing up this post wrapped in a scarf and wearing a stocking cap.  If I had them, I would be wearing fingerless gloves.  It is -15 outside and school has been cancelled tomorrow because it is supposed to be -60 with windchill.  Will I be off?  No, people get sick whether it is cold outside or not.

Still working on some big upcoming posts, so in the meantime I will clear out some unposted manis.  This was a simple combo I did for a work look and liked it enough to take pictures, even though it contained no nail art.  I don't know exactly when I did it, but I know it must have been a while ago since my index is looking very wonky.  Using OPI Nail Envy before the polish hits my nails has helped reduce it's duck billed shape.


For some reason I only have a flash photo of the full mani.  Please forgive, but it does show the flakie well.

Artificial Light
I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Gorgeous Grape.  When I was scouring blogs for nail art ideas at the beginning of my obsession, I saw a swatch of this purple and it went straight to my wish list.  I looked for it in a couple of places with no luck, but found it on a clearance rack at Walgreens purely by accident.  Ever since, I make sure to check those racks for polish!  It isn't a discontinued color, so I don't know why it was on clearance or hard to find, but I have seen it a couple places since acquiring it. 


Flash
This is a purple creme that right up my alley, a nice dusty, squishy purple, so pretty on it's own, but I wanted to add a little bling.  Oh, and application was a breeze with no cuticle flooding, which I find I often have with cremes.


I layered with a light coat of Zoya Chloe, a mylar flakie that you have seen on the blog before.  I do love a good flakie and should probably do a comparison on the many that I own!


 I really liked the subtlety of the glimmer this added, while still letting the beauty of Gorgeous Grape shine through.  Simple but satisfying.  Thanks for looking!

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Great manicure! Love the flakies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than a good flakie....well, maybe one or two things, but this is right up there in my top 5!

      Delete
  2. Same here in central Ohio, lots of closures tmw, OSU campuses, etc. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home, but my husband will have no choice but to work outside in it, so I am worried about that. :(

    Sounds like you are in medical field and will have to go in to work...please keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arathael! The cold snap has finally broken! My hubby works outside too! As he walked out the front door on Monday, I told him he looked like the little kid on A Christmas Story...."I can't put my arms down!" Tee hee, poor guy.

      Delete