Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Catching Up with Johnny Depp

I'm a bit behind on Lacquer Dreams Halloween challenge, but slowly catching up.  The theme for this mani is "Favorite Horror Monster".  Since I skipped favorite horror movie, I had to cover both in this.  My favorite horror movie is Sweeny Todd and my favorite horror monster is.....Sweeny Todd!



 Another freehand nail art....what is happening to this blog!?!  Have you seen Sweeny Todd?  The version with Johnny Depp?  It is a horror musical, something unlike anything you have ever seen before.



Stephen Sondheim music, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Allan Rickman, all brought together by Tim Burton....how can it be wrong?  I have loved this musical since my college days when I discovered the Broadway version with Angela Lansbury as Mrs Lovett.  I own every version I can get my hands on, VHS, DVD, MP3, even cassette tape!  Yep, I am a Sweenyphile.


This was inspired by Mrs Lovett's death scene with Johnny Depp looking through the oven door.  You can find the scene below (unless you haven't seen it....then you may not want watch since there are huge spoilers!)

   I used so many polishes in this, I am not even going to list them all.  If you really want to know, ask in the comments.  And this mani really made me seriously consider getting myself a good acrylic paint set.  I think it would have been easier (and better) if I had used paint instead of polish.  Check the other monsters and watch for bats later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment