Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Can You Guess My Fav?

You may have noticed that I haven't posted the last challenge for the Crumpets Nail Tarts 33DC "South America".  It is coming.  I am having a hell of a time getting what I want to transfer to my nails, but I have decided I am going to try again instead of posting something that I am not happy with, so watch for it in the next few days.

Today's prompt is "Art with your favorite brand".  Now if you went through my stash, you would think it was China Glaze, because I have a whole drawer full of them.  That is not the case.  I have so many of them because they are reasonably priced and easily accessible at my local Sallys.  Don't get me wrong, they do come out with some nice collections, but I often find they are a bit hit-or-miss.

Next you might think it would be OPI.  Oh yes, I love me some OPI, but they seem to recycle colors and even colors/finishes a lot.  Watch for the "Color you have the most of" prompt coming later on and you will see what I mean.

Nope, my favorite brand is Zoya.

Source

When I started my polish obsession, I never though this would be true.  The only place I could find Zoya was at Ulta, and their selection was small and uninspiring.  Then I started seeing promotions on blogs and checked out their website.  OMG, have you been there?  Have you seen the huge range of colors/finishes that even a rainbow would envy?  On top of that, I have yet to purchase a Zoya polish that didn't apply like a dream.  Plus their bottles....love the shape, the cap is my second favorite shape for holding and the brushes have never disappointed.  Plus, unlike OPI and China Glaze, most of their seasonal collections are available on their site for a long time, which means that I have been able to get some past years polishes without having to hunt or pay outrageous prices.  It also means that I can wait until I have some money saved up rather than having to miss out on releases because of money constraints or inability to get to Ulta before they sell out.  Yes, I am looking at you OPI Bond Girl Collection.  Plus they have great promotions throughout the year, which means adding to my collection affordably (spell check says that isn't a word....It isn't?  It is in my book).

What is there not to love about ZOYA?  Maybe the "art" I did with it (tee hee).



Just a simple little mani since I wanted to showcase the polish.


Artificial Light
Flash

This started with a gorgeous muted bright pink (there is such a thing) creme called Kate.  Zoya describes Kate as a "Soft medium dusty mauve with hints of rose-pink and brown."  How's that for a description?  I think it looks like pink grapefruit (tee hee).  Kate is one of the few polishes that I have worn more than twice.  She's beautiful and very office friendly.


 Next I topped with Zoya Chloe, a slightly pink tinted base with mylar flakies from the spring 2012 Fleck Effect trio.  Now this is one that is no longer on their site, only Opal is left from the collection.  I have to admit that I love flakies, and this has a multi hued warm shift to it that you will see in later pics.  Should have done a gif, but these were actually done before I started to do color shifting gifs, so you will have to put up with plain old pics.


 Next I stamped with PUEEN49 and a Konad glitter green stamping polish that I can't find the name of anywhere on the bottle.



 There you have it, my favorite brand.  I have so much love for Zoya and can't wait to add some more to my stash!  Have you seen the Zenith Holiday collection?  You bet Dream and Payton are going to be mine soon!  Lets take a few more looks to see if I can capture the color shift.



Mmm, there is some of the red/yellow/orange shift.


Oh yeah baby!  There she is in all of her glory!  Just needed the right (weird) angle.  It is much more noticeable IRL, just hard to capture on ....film?  What does one say in this digital camera era we live in.  If you know, let me know in the comments (tee hee).  And let me know if you love Zoya as much as I do!  Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Tina

 




2 comments: