Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

NAC Technique Challenge

The theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative's September challenge is techniques.  I LOVE this theme because it gives me the chance to break out and do some things I rarely do, like today...I chose to go for a tape technique.


I love tape manis, but rarely do them.  Why?  Those thin little strips of tape that like to curl up on themselves.  Really hard to place them with one hand, so I recruited Bria to help me.  She did a pretty good job of getting the lines straight.


Yes, there are a lot of flaws, but I like it anyways :)


I started with two coats of Finger Paints Black Expressionism.  After Bria obligingly taped all my little tips, I painted each little diamond with Revlon Chameleon Aquamarine and Amethyst.


So not perfect, but it is only the second time I have used stripping tape, so I'm okay with that.   I love the colors and the pattern, reminds me of stained glass.  Can't wait to practice more techniques!






2 comments: