Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Favorite Technique for NCC #3

If you have hung around here at all, you should guess what my favorite nail technique is.....Yep, it's stamping!  For a girl with limited artistic ability but a lot of artistic vision, stamping is just the thing.  So let's get to the nails.


I recently have been obsessed with holo stamping.  It can be subtle and flashy at the same time and I love it.

 
 This started with two coats of Loreal After Hours.  The more I use high end polish, the more I realize how much longer lasting they are then the drug store brands.  Despite this, I LOVE this Loreal dark blue, almost black, color.  Yes, I have other midnight blues, but nothing quite compares to this.  It has a crelly finish with a very high gloss shine and, unlike a lot of dark blues, has a pure navy tint, no blurple tints anywhere.  *Heart beats wildly*.


Next I stamped with Aly's Dream Polish 64 "Copper".

 
On my ring finger, I used MM09.  The rest were stamped with DRK-C and finally I added a portion of the Asian script to my thumb.


I can't even begin to describe how delighted I am with this.....Deep and beautiful with stamping that flashes in the light.  Pure rapture.


Now that I have gushed and  raved, check out the other techniques.








No comments:

Post a Comment