Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Summer Monkey

Monday, Monday, Monday!  I have to admit that I hate Mondays.  Everyone who got sick or injured over the weekend calls to make appointments and I get so tired of talking.  When I get home, I don't want to talk to anyone!  I hide out in my little polish corner of the basement and perform some mani therapy.  However, Mondays means one of my favorite blogging days, Monkey See Monkey Do!

The moment I saw Katee's creation at A Girl and Her Polish, I knew I had to try to recreate it.  Although I had none of the polish or stamps she used, I knew I would try my best.  Check out her gorgeous mani HERE.  This is what I came up with.

I absolutely love this color combo!  If I was a flower gardener, this is the theme I would go with.  But as I have always said, "If I can't eat it, I don't want to waste the water" so it is all about the veggies around our garden (tee hee).  And do I need to mention my love for double stamping?  This is the first time, however, that I have double stamped with the same pattern and different colors, one right on top of the other.  LOVE it!  

Without Flash
 Once again, I forgot to photo the base coat before stamping, so I had to photograph my right hand.  I really don't know what was going on with the shape of my nails!  Look at that wonky ring finger.  Of course, my right hand always looks worse. 

With Flash

This started with three coats of NOPI Ladies in the Limelight.  What is it with yellows and their streaky formula?  I have yet to find a good opaque yellow with a good formula.  Of course, I rarely use it as a base coat because I don't think yellow looks good on me.  Despite that, I still have several in my stash (of course).   This turned out much more vibrant with three coats than it looked on my polishicle, but I knew that it would be mostly covered, so I didn't care.


Next I stamped with Konad Special White and BM-205.


I have been wanting to use this image for awhile and this seemed great for this mani.


Finally I stamped with China Glaze Modify Me, from their Tranzitions line, and the same image.  You might notice that I turned the stamp so that there was some variation between the nails.  Guess that is just the way I roll (tee hee).

As always, thanks for looking and commenting!  Now let's see how many got involved this week.  I may be the only one!





4 comments: