Translate

Saturday, April 13, 2013

If Only Summer Were Here!

Here in Minnesota it has been snowing for three days...not a lot, but every single day.  Cold and grey.  My longing for spring inspired my 2nd mani for the Nail Challenge Collaborative.  April's theme is pastels.


This started with a new (to me) indie polish...Scofflaw Nail Varnish.  I purchased this from Llarowe HERE.  Finch also sells on Etsy HERE, but currently her store is closed until April 24th for restocking.



 












This is three coats of Flotsam & Jetsam with topcoat.  If I wasn't such a spaz about visible nail lines in my pics, two coats would have been enough.  My pics don't do this beauty justice.  Although it looks like a white base, it really is a soft, pale pastel teal color.  See the last pic for a more accurate color representation.  It is filled with teal and purple micro glitters and shards.  It applied easily with no streaking or bald spots, although my rocky mountain nail ridge did show a bit on the tip of my middle finger (tee hee) but I am the only one who would notice that.  The glitter/shards applied evenly with no fiddling.  It also was a good self leveler.  Just lovely!  

 
Next I stamped with M77 and Barry M Gelly Plum.  I am really loving Barry's Gellys for stamping!  Watch for another one tomorrow.

One final, more color accurate pic.


Does it feel summery to you?  I can see this polish being used for so many manis...summer beach themes...winter snow manis...baby showers.  I can even see it as unique Halloween base for nail art!  What do you think?

It is just a hop, skip and a jump to see more pastel manis.  Enjoy, and as always, thanks for stopping by!
Tina
 

2 comments:

  1. Flotsam & Jetsam is so going on my wishlist! Gorgeous swatches, I'm envious of your stamping skills :)

    ReplyDelete