Translate

Friday, April 5, 2013

Fashion Friday on the Back Burner Today

So I know I was going to do Fashion Fridays this month, but today is the one year anniversary of The Nail Challenge Collaborative.  I really love this group.  It is smaller than other groups I am in and they have monthly challenges that are not daily.  The theme for April is pastels, which is definately going to get me out of my dark vampy comfort zone.  Can't wait to show you all the pretty candy colors.  I decided to do a birthday theme on top of the polish I wore most all of Easter weekend, from Thursday night to Monday night.



This is two coats of Candeo Jelly Bean.  Is this not the best Easter polish?  It reminds me a bit of the Robins Egg candy that only comes out at Easter and that I cannot get enough of.  If you find any more left on the shelves, send some my way!

Jelly Bean is a lovely pale yellow cream filled with tiny multicolor glitters and larger matte pastel  hexes.  This applied like a dream with no need for manipulation of glitters.  This polish is currently out of stock at Candeo's store but still available at Lllarowe HERE.  I know it is a little late for this Easter, but it would also make a nice summery base for some stamping.  Besides, who says it's to early to start planning next year's Easter mani (tee hee).


After wearing this for so many days, I had some chipping on my middle nail, so I decided that this would make a great cupcake base.  I added stripes of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue Away along the bottom half sides of the nails, then added Orly Chocoholic (appropriately) down the middle.  Next I added more Jelly Bean with a dotting tool to give the impression of frosting.  I didn't add topcoat because I didn't want to ruin the bumpiness of the "frosting".


So happy birthday NCC!  Check all the other manis celebrating this birthday.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment