Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Contrary Ruffians

The theme for day 5 of the Different Shades of Blue challenge is ruffians.  No, this does not mean bad boys, although have some of those at my fingertips would be nice (tee hee).  A ruffian is like an inverted half moon mani.  Here's what I came up with.


The ruffian is not my favorite design.  Don't know why, but I am not wild about them.  Thought maybe if I used a lighter color at my cuticles I would like it better....Nope.  However, the polish redeemed this!
 

This is my favorite indie polish and you will be seeing more Contrary Polish this weekend.  Why do I love Contrary so much?  Not only are the formulas perfect, but the colors are inspired.  They are not the glitter filled polish that you see all over the indie world.  These are shimmers and complex cremes.  I have yet to purchase one that does not exceed my expectations!

I started with two coats of Contrary Polish Aruba, a teal creme with an even lighter teal shimmer.  I then added two coats of Contrary Polish Anna Maria, a muted dark green teal with a gold shimmer, to create the ruffian.  I wish my good camera was working so I could have better pictures of these beauties, but this will have to do.  These gorgeous shades and others can be purchased at Llarowe HERE

Time to check out the other ruffians!  Thanks for looking.
Tina


Carmina from Cubbiful
Cordia from Seriously Swatched
Jessica from Nail Polish Anonymous
Kelly from Peace Love Lacquer
Laura from Little Laura Loves
Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer
Paulina from Paulina’s Passions
Rachael from Rachos Nail Love
Roxana from Beautylicious


2 comments:

  1. I like the subtle difference of the shades you used. It looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxy! Since I am not wild about ruffians, I thought I would make them subtle.

      Delete