Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hot Cocoa Catchup!

I am trying desperately to get caught up on some posts...so this is going to be a quick one.  My Hot Chocolate Mani for the NCC Let it Snow Challenge.


What do you think?  Look like Hot Chocolate....Sorta?


This started with two coats of Orly Chocoholic (appropriately).  Next I added one coat of Different Dimension Selene, a white multi-glitter that I hoped would look like marshmallows.  Looked more like snow, which I loved, but didn't fit for this particular challenge, sooo....


I tried just adding another layer of Chocoholic on top, hoping that it was translucent enough to let the glitter show through.  Didn't work.  So I tried sponging a coat on.  Still not feeling it.  Maybe a topcoat would help?

Although I liked this, still not getting the warm mug of chocolaty goodness feeling yet.  So why not add some matte.


Bingo!  Or as close as I was going to get.  That was a whole lot of photos for such a "simple" mani, but I thought you might be interested in the process of how my brain (sometimes) works (tee hee!)This reminds me of when I used to add two packets of the mini marshmallow cocoa to my cup and got that really dark, thick chocolate that I loved as a child.  Yum yum!  Want to see some more mouth watering manis?  Check these out!




2 comments: