Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 5 - So behind!

I have so much to blog about today, so watch for several posts.  My first is going to be for the February Love-ly NAC.  Supposed to post a couple of days ago, but I am soooo behind in all my challenge/groups.  February 14 was Valentine Gradient.  Here is what I came up with.


I really liked this, for several reasons.  For one, it is made with ALL indie polish.  Secondly, it started with my all time favorite polish.  Yes, I have one!  It is my favorite color, cobalt blue, with my favorite finish, jelly with a micro glitter, in this case, a pink copper.

  
This is the amazing Girly Bits CU Blue.  For those who don't remember high school chemistry, CU is the symbol for copper on the periodic table of elements.  How perfect is the name of this polish?  Almost as perfect as the polish itself!


It reminds me so much of Lapis Lazuli, a gorgeous blue stone, although it usually has gold flecks instead of copper.  What do you think?


 Being a jelly, this took 3 thin coats for (semi) opacity opacity.  If I wasn't going to gradient/stamp on it, I would have added another coat.  Of course, the more coats, the more depth, so I can't really complain.  Luckily, this did not take as long to dry as other jellies I have tried, so my patience wasn't too tried.  The only complaint I had was that the glitter in this made cleaning my cuticles a bitch!  Glitter everywhere the polish touched, so be careful around the edges with this one.  This, my most awesome polish, and other Girly Bits polish can be found in a couple places

Girly Bits Bigcartel store 
Lllarowe  
Harlow & Co
Overall Beauty
Mei Mei's Signatures 
A few of her pretties can be found on Etsy

  
The next reason that I loved this was the glitter gradient and subtle stamping.  Those of you who follow my blog know that I love a subtle stamping mani.  Can you see the stamp in the pic above?  Let me give you a hint.  I stamped with BM-301on my ring finger and thumb.



The gradient and stamping was done with GlitterDaze Sundown in Seattle.  I would try to describe this polish, but Sana from GlitterDaze does it better:

"Sundown in Seattle is a holographic multichrome polish, which shifts from orange/copper/yellow/red. This polish is based on the sunsets of Seattle, Washington and has the perfect shades to portray a beautiful evening sky overlooking Lake Washington."

 I ordered this some time ago on Etsy, and I have to say that I love it!  Plus, Sana does a great job of packaging and nothing warms my heart like good packaging.

 I purchased two colors from her Sunset in the City collection, but unfortunately, Bria knocked one off my polish table and broke it.  That's when I surrounded my table with throw rugs!  Anyway, you can find GlitterDaze HERE.  Go check out all the lovelies.
 

 




















The little heart gleequins were next.  They look white, but they are actually a very light pink (which you can see in the pic below) with an iridescent finish, which the camera would only catch in the photo above, and then not very well.  I found this in a set at my local dollar store.  Nuthin like a great deal on hearts to get my heart pumpin!  And in this pic, you can see the stamping a bit better.  One last pic.

 
Now you can see all the other lovely gradients.





6 comments:

  1. Wow, great comparison pic with Lapis Lazuli!! I love that stone a lot.
    The subtle stamping is great as well! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Pam! Thanks for the awesome polish!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous !!! In love with the subtle stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorgeous! I love blue/copper combos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! Copper with anything is good in my book, but especially blue!

      Delete