Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Birds Want My Candy Corn


This hot mess was one of my Halloween manis.  I wanted to do candy corn nails, but the idea had been so over done.  I wanted something different and from that this was created.  The idea was scattered candy corn seen from above, hence the title :)  I got a lot of compliments on this, but truth be told, I didn't like it.  I think maybe it was the stark white base.  Ever since this mani I have been looking for a cream white, not too grey, not too yellow, not too tan, not so stark.  Haven't found it yet.  Anyway, I just didn't like it.  Lasted two days and then...buh bye!  No inspiration this time, just my crazy idea.  Here's how I did it.
  • Base coat (do I really have to say this every time?)
  • Sally Hanson Instra dry in white.  I had this as a back up for stamping, which it does well, but as a base it sucked!  Thick, gloopy and insta dry it was not.  Because of the consistancy it was hard to get thin coats.  The surface dried fast but was prone to dings, dents and fingerprints from when I kept trying to see if they were ready to stamp :(
  • Stamped with Bundle Monster BM-213 and Konad Special Black.
  • Painted "swirlies" with Sinful Colors Cloud 9
  • Dotted with Sally Hanson Lightening
  • Top coat
I liked the idea of this, just not the colors.  I may just try this again...maybe with some lime green and purple.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment