Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

She Wear Jean on Her Nails



I have seen some blue jean nails floating around the web like HERE and HERE, so I wanted to try my own, on Bria of course.  They aren't perfect, but I love them.  These close up photos show every little detail and, being the perfectionist that I am, I am not completely happy with them, but on her nails they looked soooo cute.  Here's how I did them.


I started with Avon Suede Enamel in Blue Royale.  I love Avon's Suede Enamel.  This is the best matte polish I have tried so far.  Want more of this matte?  Check it out HERE.  Watch for it.  Painting Bria's nubbies is difficult, so forgive the mess, I just hate cleaning up after every single step.


Next I used a saran wrap technique with Maybelline Color Show Denim in Denim Dash (how appropriate :).  The technique I used was to dip saran wrap "balls" into the polish and dot onto the nails.  Kinda like a a sponge technique, only with saran wrap.  This color was another suede polish.  I was going for a matte look, just like jeans.  I mean, there are shiny jeans out there, but no one in my family wears them!


Next I added "seams" with lines of Avon Blue Royale, "stitches" with China Glaze Kalahari Kiss and "rivets" with Revlon Copper Penny.  If I were to do this again, I would use acrylics for the stitching as I find I have better control with acrylics and maybe I would have made straighter lines.  I definitely like Kalahari Kiss for the color since none of my jeans have white stitching. 

So, although I loved these, all I can see right now is the flaws, but Bria said everyone at school loved them too and that's all that matters.

What do you think?  See you next time!

2 comments: